LIVE HIS WORD
Children's Ministry Director
Job Description (Last updated 05.02.22)
The Children’s Director oversees all aspects of ministries as it pertains to children age 0 through 5th grade. The Director is responsible for the vision, leadership, planning and implementation of programs with a goal of supporting children and families in their faith formation and spiritual growth. The Children’s Director will ensure successful delivery of all children’s programming, coordinate and supervise trusted volunteers of the children’s programs, and develop new programs and ministry opportunities to grow the mission and vision of the organization. The Director will introduce, instruct, and nurture children across all ministry activities, to include Sunday School, Wednesday Night Programming, family events, summer camps, and any other activities to be determined.
- Review and select curriculum, materials and educational tools for the Children’s Ministry, including Sunday School, Wednesday Night Activities, Children’s Church and Methodist Youth Moving Up.
- Recruit, lead and coordinate the coaching and training of lay leaders, teachers and volunteers related to children’s ministry. Ensure appropriate equipment and supplies are made available and confirm all volunteers abide by the guidelines and requirements of St. Luke’s MC.
- Develop and promote strategies for children and families to increase their involvement with the ministry, including the creation of a variety of opportunities for engagement, including: missions, discipleship, fun, community involvement, etc.
- Develop and oversee all seasonal events, such as Easter Egg Hunt, Happy Birthday Jesus, Vacation Bible School, and Summer Slam.
- Arrange for Nursery Care workers for regular and as needed events.
- Develop and adhere to a communication plan, assuring that parents and volunteers are informed of upcoming events, opportunities, and supporting resources.
- Attend all staff meetings, team meetings and regular programming sessions with the Sr. Pastor and staff. Coordinate additional Children Ministry meetings, as needed, to ensure program success.
- Gather feedback from stakeholders, volunteers and parents, to ensure that the programming delivered to all targeted age-ranges, is meaningful, impactful and supports the mission of St. Luke’s MC.
- Work in partnership with the Sr. Pastor and Board of Stewards to ensure that all designated children’s spaces are maintained, accessible and safe.
- Maintain administrative records of ministry activities.
- All other duties assigned by the Sr. Pastor or the Board of Stewards
- Christian work ethic.
- Planning, scheduling, and strategizing about program goals.
- Leadership potential and excellent relationship-building abilities.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising program volunteers.
- Ability to serve as the primary liaison and spokesperson between the Children’s Ministry and the church.
- Goal-driven, organized, and efficient in their work.
- Effective communication skills.