LIVE HIS WORD
Mother's Day Out Teacher
Department: Mother’s Day Out
Job Title: Co-Teacher
Reports to: Mother’s Day Out Director
Classification: 11 Hours Weekly / Monday & Wednesday 8:45am-2:15pm
Job Description and Responsibilities:
PURPOSE: The Mother’s Day Out Program is a ministry of St. Luke’s Methodist Church. We are dedicated to providing a caring, Christian environment where young children can learn and grow. Because we believe each child to be a unique gift of God, our program is designed to provide developmentally appropriate learning activities that allow each child to become the person God created them to be. The child’s spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and aesthetic growth is nurtured through activities that meet the high standards of early childhood education.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
• Maintain CPR certifications.
• Must pass an annual background check.
• Must complete annual Safe Sanctuary Training.
• Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide instruction in the classroom that follows along with the weekly/monthly theme
• Plan art lessons, read Bible stories, and sing Bible songs.
• Engage with the children and families involved in MDO.
• Work well as a member of a close-knit team.
• Speak with Director regarding any needs or concerns in the classroom.
• Informing the Director when supplies are running low and need to be ordered
• Supervise, and ensure the safety and well-being of the children at all times.
• Assist the Co-Teacher in any way possible, including but not limited to: Preparing and setting up activities. Implementing portions of the daily program as directed by the Director. Assisting in keeping the classroom, storage areas, playground, and gym areas clean, neat, orderly, and sanitized.
• Maintain daily attendance, daily reports, and incident reports.
• Must be able to able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, reach, stoop, and crouch to interact successfully with all children
• Must be able to lift 30Ibs if working in a room that requires changing diapers.
• Applicants must be patient, flexible, and creative.
• Be on time and maintain quality attendance